WIISE – we say Wais but you can call us Vii-see !
Etelä-Pohjanmaan WIISE ry is a membership association for people who have moved, or returned, to Etelä-Pohjanmaa – a local community where you can identify work placements, find jobs, network with companies or simply meet new friends.
WIISE aims to develop and maintain a positive ecosystem in Etelä-Pohjanmaa, an ecosystem in which immigrants and Finns who move to the area can thrive, where they integrate into working life and settle into everyday life. To achieve these goals, WIISE provides services such as integration training, networking events and business coaching.
The idea is to:
- act in support of individuals and organizations who seek to pursue their own activities
- increase the vitality and attractiveness of Etelä-Pohjanmaa
- support people who have moved from other parts of Finland, or abroad, into employment, entrepreneurship and to integrate in Etelä-Pohjanmaa
- support organizations in the region in accessing workers and organising development activities
- take action on a variety of issues related to employment, entrepreneurship and integration
- act as a support and link to development projects
- promote equality
- promote the internationalization of the region
In order to achieve these goals, the association:
- provides services to members and stakeholders such as mentoring, sparring, coaching and training
- organizes meetings and events
- implements development projects and other schemes
- engages in information sharing and publication activities
- may distribute grants or otherwise financially support the development of its region
- cooperates with municipalities, public administration organizations, companies, associations and other stakeholders.
- For more information about the work of Etelä-Pohjanmaan WIISE Ry contact the team.